Wednesday 31 December 2014

2015

I've never really been bothered by the whole New Year, New You thing. To me January first was just another day. But after what I would say was one of my worst years, I'm glad to be leaving 2014 behind. At the end of 2013 I didn't think I could make it to another January or even another September. It has been hard but I did do it. Now all I have to say is that I hope 2015 is better. So here are some of the things I'd like to do in the new year




Firstly I have a few things from my bucket list that I'd like to complete in 2015. (None of them are particularly big things)
Number 4. Finish all the Harry Potter books - I only have The Half Blood Prince left to read now
Number 7. Complete the Pokemon game given to me for my 14th birthday - I'm unbelievably bad at games so this one might not happen
Number 42. Get a job
Number 27. Over come a fear (I have many)
Number 50. Complete a Wreck This Journal - I've started one and I will write a blog post about it when I'm done
Number 107. Post 10 pictures on Instagram - I don't post very often on Instagram but I'd like to
Number 122. Start singing again - I may not be very good but I loved singing and I'd like to again
Number 139. See the Paper Towns film - Paper Towns is one of my favourite books and I'm so excited for the film



 Recently on Pinterest I found this which is the Jar of Good Things. I plan to start this in the new year. The idea is that you write down when something good happens and at the end of the year you have all these good memories to look back on. I thought this was such a good idea and I've decided to have two. The second will be a jar of bad things. It can be somewhere to put bad thoughts or situations and start to move on. 

 In 2014 friendships have been a big problem, especially towards the end of the year. It's been something that has really affected me every day and made me feel worse than I already did. This year I've decided I won't let that happen again. I'm getting rid of the people in my life who are making it difficult. That might mean losing a lot without gaining anything, but it's something I must do.

 As you may know, books are a very big part of my life but I'm actually a very slow reader. In 2015 my goal is to read 30 books and review them all on my blog because those are posts I love to write but don't very often. 

Now for my blog: 
 In the new year I'd like to begin writing better quality posts. Hopefully I can as I already have a lot of ideas. I have also decided that I will be posting twice a week (on Tuesday or Thursday and on a Sunday). This is something I believe I can keep up now as I don't have to share a computer. 

Now, after a difficult year, I'm ready for 2015. I'm going into the new year being positive, unlike last year, and I really do think I'm going to be okay this time. Have a great new year. That's all for now, hope to see you next time. Bye

6 comments:

  1. Hey there !!

    lovely blog post !!

    great blog you have here

    would be great to see you over on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    Happy New Year!!

    Jade 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your blog looks great, I've started following you on Bloglovin now :D

      Delete
  2. A very happy new year for the good. May your year be well this time around. Plus, great idea with the jars. It sounds as if it'll help a lot.
    I guess my goal would be to write everything in a diary, but that sound quick, easy and a great look back.
    Much a thought. Awesome post.
    Keep up the good blogging. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I used to love writing a diary, it's such a good way to look back on memories. Have a great new year x

      Delete
  3. I love this post, Erin :) I had a Wreck This Journal a couple years back and it was so much fun! Oh, and I really want to see Paper Towns, too; the book was amazing! And I'm super excited for those book reviews! I think it's great that you have decided to get rid of the people that have made/make your life difficult and you'll definitely feel better once you do. Those jars are a great idea and I especially like the jar of bad things as it's like you're "throwing away" things you don't want in your life. I hope 2015 will be the best year! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very excited for the new year and I hope you have the best year too :D xx

      Delete