Wednesday 3 September 2014

Depression- The songs

I've been wanting to write about depression but felt that I didn't want to just give advice or tell a story so today I've going to tell you about the songs I listen to which I find comforting. Of course all these songs are completely just my personal preference as everyone's depression and coping strategies are different. The titles are links to each song if you'd like to listen, so here we go:


1. The promise- Emma Blackery 
    This song was written about depression and I find that it and the video seem to clear my head a little. 

2. How Long Will I Love You- Ellie Goulding 
    I love this song and just like how slow it is and Ellie Goulding's voice is amazing to listen to.

3. River Flows In You- Yiruma
    This is just a really nice piece of music which I find helpful when trying to sleep.

4. Home- Gabrielle Aplin
    The reason I love this song is mostly because of Gabrielle Aplin who is such a beautiful singer.

5. Clown- Emeli Sande
    I find this song so perfect and the story within it very moving.

6. Good Feeling- Violent Femmes
    When first hearing this song, I didn't realise what it was really saying but I now see it completely differently

7. Not about Angels- Birdy
    I find all the song by Birdy extremely beautiful to listen to but this one really stands out.

8. Say Something- A Great Big World
    Really I don't think this song needs an explanation, it's just perfect.

9. I Won't Let You Go- James Morrison
   This is another song which isn't about depression but for me I find it good to listen to when I'm feeling sad.

10. Cry- Alexx Calise
     For me this is the best song of the list and I feel that once you really listen to the lyrics it completely                changes.

I hope you liked these songs and hopefully they can help you too. In the future I would like to write about more about depression and mental illness as I feel it's something I'd like to discuss. If you are struggling right now or have in the past, please feel free to talk about it in the comments. Thank you for reading, hope to see you next time. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment