Sunday 9 August 2015

Market Bosworth: Getting Lost in a Good Way

This time last week I was driving down to Market Bosworth to stay for two nights at the Bosworth Hall hotel. It was a pretty amazing place and I had a great time. I'd never heard of Market Bosworth before so my mum and I spent most of the time looking around the town and getting lost. Today I thought I'd share the pictures I took while there. They're not great but that doesn't matter I guess.


This is one of the doors into the hotel. It's a very big place and the rooms at the front, here, are mostly  big halls for weddings, and the kitchens. 


On the first day my mum and I spent a long time exploring the hotel and this picture was taken in the corridor where all the suites are. This part was especially fancy and we didn't exactly fit in here. In fact, it was all a little strange. There was a 'health club' and a swimming pool and rooms with ceilings like this. We aren't used to that kind of place considering nearly all of my childhood holidays were in a camper van. 
These are all just pictures of random places within the grounds of the hotel. Pictures definitely don't do the place any justice because it was truly amazing and there were so many different old bridges, gates, and buildings.
Day 2- we walked far too much on Monday because we got stupidly lost but before that we went to the country park which was opposite our hotel. These terrible photos feature random bridges, nettles, the map (so we didn't get lost. We got lost anyway), and a tree with writing on it.
Getting lost and walking for hours was not fun. But these ducks and daisies made me happy for the few minutes that I saw them. Then I was miserable again in the middle of nowhere on a stupidly hot day. We ended up walking to the Battlefield museum which we didn't go into but this picture of the ceiling in the cafe can prove that we were definitely there. As much as I complained, it was a very nice place and we got see a lot of sights, including the museum, which we wouldn't have if we weren't lost.
"Mum take a picture of me walking away. It'll be great."
*Awkwardly dances looking like I'm about to fall over which did happen but we don't have a picture of that*
"Mum take a picture of me in the middle of this field. It'll be great."
On the last day of our holiday we had to check out of the hotel at around 11 and from then we just drove around aimlessly, not wanting to go home. It wasn't really a planned trip and there didn't seem like all that much to do seen as the castle we wanted to go to is closed on Tuesday. In the end we went to Calke Abbey which I don't have a picture of but it was pretty great. We didn't stay too long and the we had to drive home. I was disappointed to be leaving but I was happy when we got home and I got see my little dog who deserves to be mentioned in as many posts as possible. 
So that was my holiday. When you're reading this I will be on a boat to the Isle of Man for another holiday, but right now I am at home in bed not facing my boat fear which is a whole lot nicer. But hopefully it will all be good and when we get back, I will posting about what a great trip we had after not drowning in the sea. So there's that to look forward to. That's all for now, hope to see you next time. Bye

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry! You're pictures aren't bad at all (at least they're better than anything I can manage!) and your dog is so cute!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Book & Random Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'll be sure to tell him :D

      Delete