Wednesday 5 August 2015

July Favourites

I'd first of all like to apologise for missing my Friday and Sunday post last week. I know that I've only just started the new schedule and I'm already not sticking to it but I was busy. And I also had one of those moments of fear when I was convinced people I know will read my blog which if you've been here before, you'll have heard me mention. But it's fine now and I decided to keep going with my July favourites.


Favourite Films:
Life After Beth. To be honest I saw this film at the start of the month and I don't remember it that well. But I do know that it has Aubrey Plaza in it so it must be good.

God Help the Girl. I saw this film without knowing anything about it and I do always think that's best. Everything about it was just great; the songs, the costume, and the way all the film worked. It was filmed and written in a way that was imperfect and quite different which was nice to see. This gave the film more character, highlighting when the story was more serious and still showing a quirky, happy side (if that makes sense). 

Palo Alto. For me it wasn't really the story or the idea that made this film a favourite, it was the way it looked (also Nat Wolff). This may just be because I've been analysing media a lot recently but the film used different angles or colours to convey the emotion felt by characters in each situation. And I know they do that in most films but in this that was clear and, I think, done in the right way. Probably my favourite part of the film is when Nat Wolff's character is telling a story in the voice-over and I liked it because it didn't seem all that important at the time but it still worked in the story. 

Silver Linings Playbook. This film has been on my list to watch for a very long time and I finally got to. I won't say too much because I plan on writing a post specifically about it but I will say that it surprised me. In a good way.

Favourite TV Shows:
Extras. This is one of those shows where you don't want to watch it and you spend the whole time cringing but then the next episode starts and the next and the next until you've seen the whole thing and wish that it wasn't over. 

My Mad Fat Diary. In July the third and final series came out and it was a pretty great ending. I've loved this show from the start and I am glad that it was only short because it means they never made an episode or series that I didn't like.

The Fosters. If you've read any of my posts this month, you'll have seen my obsession with this show. It has taken over my life and I have lost count of the amount of times I've seen each episode. At the moment they're near the end of season 3A and I don't know how I'm going to cope when it's the break. 

Favourite Book:

Wonder by R.J. Palacio. I don't want to say to much because, again, I didn't know much about this and if you're going to read it then I don't think you should either. All I will say is that you should definitely read it. Seriously, you should.

Favourite Songs:
Outlaws - Remember I said I was obssessed with The Fosters. Well this song furthers that.
Can't Help Falling in Love - Twenty One Pilots cover

Favourite YouTube channel:
Quirky and Nerdy. This is the second channel of Nerdy and Quirky which I also love. The past month I've loved watching the series called The Checklist which is basically just daily vlogs which I tend to find quite boring but I didn't with this because the videos are only around 3-5 minutes long instead of 20 minutes like a lot of others.

Random Favourites:
Dark Blue Nail Varnish. Yes I did get this because of The Fosters. Yes I am ashamed. 


I guess that's everything then. I'm going on holiday again on Sunday so I won't make any promises about posting then but hopefully I will get round to it. Thank you for reading, comment below some of your July favourites. That's all for now, hope to see you next time. Bye

6 comments:

  1. great fav's :D
    i love this blog :)

    come say hi


    Jadiee'sLittleBlog


    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard My Mad Fat Diary is good, but I've just never watched it! I guess I should!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Book & Random Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should. It's probably one of my favourite shows ever

      Delete
  3. Great list of favorites. You have a very nice blog. Everyone seems to love Wonder, so I really want to read it.
    ~Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And I can definitely see now why everyone loves Wonder

      Delete