Wednesday 6 May 2015

An Awkward Question: YouTube

I know I've neglected some of my other blogging series recently but today I decided to start a new one. An Awkward Question is going to take a question or dilemma which I find awkward and ask for advice or opinions from you. These questions will be things which usually aren't considered awkward or much of a problem but I do as I worry about everything so much. So my first Awkward Question is: How do I YouTube?


Ever Since Dan Howell taught me how not to survive school for the first time, I have wanted to make YouTube videos. Throughout this time I've come up with many video ideas and channel themes but it's just something ever I've done. I, like thousands of others, just want to sit at home and talk to my camera. There are so many reasons why but sadly, for me, reasons not to outweigh them every time. I could list these reasons but we'd be here too long. It's basically just a list of insecurities and nobody needs to hear that. 

 Being on YouTube wouldn't be about being popular or funny or clever (as I am none of those things). But it would be about having somewhere to go. A place that can be what I want it to be, and feel safe. So maybe one week I can be creative and another I can complain about stuff. Which is currently what my blog is but it doesn't always feel the same. I'm not interesting enough to be popular on YouTube but the idea of sharing my life and affecting at least one person with YouTube videos is something I dream of doing.

 When thinking of channel ideas, I came up with many possibilities which were quickly thrown away. One being the idea of creating a VlogBrothers style channel. At first I thought maybe I could do that with my brother when he goes to university. But then I remembered he hates vloggers... and me. I then thought of having a group channel (because that is something I'd feel more comfortable doing). But you need friends for that kind of thing. I've gone through countless possibilities and have found nothing that can work right now.

 That is why my awkward questions today are: Do you do YouTube? If so, how did you start?Do you have any tips or advice? And if you're like me, why haven't you started a YouTube channel? It would be great if anyone has any answers that you can comment below or answer on my Twitter which is @ErinLea44 

That's all for now, hope to see you next time. Bye

8 comments:

  1. Let me know if you do start YouTube, I would hit that subscribe button straight away! I was like you and kept thinking about making a channel but I was waaaay to scared for ages. Film something for fun and then upload it. Remember, you can always delete it if you don't like it (but I'm sure it would be amazing) but once you post your first video it all becomes a lot less scary. Good luck and my biggest advice would be just go for it xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, I definitely do need to just go for it. And I love your videos by the way xxx

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you. Honestly though, try not to overthink it because you'd end up talking yourself out of doing it. You don't need to think of a theme of videos straight away either. You'll soon learn what sort of videos you enjoy making. Good luck and I really hope you do go for it xxx

      Delete
  2. I really love to read this post and I am glad to find your distinguished way of writing the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it is a wonder with ideas and I really like the group bids. That does sound fun. First off, i have a YouTube channel. I neglect it sometimes, but I just don't know or found an 'interesting' way to showcase what I would like. Like you, i have ideas too. For this, i hope to step out of my comfy zone (I know), but same with just one person seeing it. Anyway, breathe and if I were to start from the beginning, I would ask the people I watched do it. Do a little intro. Try to write all the possibilities and ideas that i would like. Especially if it might be different to others, it's unique and someone may just like good times, when it may be like minded. I would love to view your channel, knowing your blog is so good and really open. Proudness to you. Take care greatly. Hope this helps a little, and be sure to view more of your posts soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and your advice. I didn't know you had a YouTube channel. I definitely think the only way to start is to just go for it and introduce myself and maybe soon I will x

      Delete
  4. im so afraid to start a youtube

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty scary, hopefully some of the comments here might help you too x

      Delete