Sunday 17 May 2015

Charity Shop Haul

Over the past month I have been very lucky because almost every time I go into a charity shop I see books that are on my list to buy. This is great because they're super cheap especially compared to the price you'd pay in a book shop. So today I thought I'd share with you some of the things I've bought from Charity shops recently. 


Of course lets start with books. First I bought Submarine by Joe Dunthorne while I was in Coventry. I didn't actually know before that it was a book but I have seen the film (which is amazing). From a charity shop near to where I live, I bought A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison. I have already read this book but I was borrowing it and I like to keep all the books I read. This is the sequel to Withering Tights which is one of my favourite books. 

Next I bought The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. These two have been on my to read list for a long time and I know they're both films which I'd like to see. I don't know much about this next one, all I know is that people have said it's good. And that is The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion so hopefully I'll agree with what I've heard about it.

The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger is one of those books that is always on a list of books you must read so when I saw it in the shop, I decided I probably should read it. I recgonised Shiver by Maggie Stiefvaster from the front cover but I didn't know anything about it. But after reading what it was about, I knew I'd enjoy it. There was another from the trilogy in the same shop but it was the third and I would have needed the second. 

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl is one that I knew I had to buy. Honestly I did watch the film first (and it's definitely one of my favourite films) but that doesn't usually bother me. Next I got It's Not Me, It's You by Jon Richardson just because I love Jon Richardson . That's all. Finally I bought Starter for Ten by David Nicholls. Again, I have seen the film and again, it's one of my favourite films so it makes sense to read the book too. 

Needless to say, I got pretty excited when I saw these in the shop. This is seasons 1, 2 3, 4, and the first half of 6 of Supernatural. I'm sure I've mentioned before how much I love Supernatural and if not then I am now. 

This has been the things I've found in chairty shops recently. That's all for now, hope to see you next time. Bye

7 comments:

  1. I love Withering tights too! It was such a good read, I haven't read a Midsummer Tights Dream but I really want to!
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do read it, I'd love to hear what you think x

      Delete
  2. I've read Submarine, and I think it's better than the film! And I love The Time travellers wife, it's one of my favourite books! :) xx

    ownandbecome.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great haul. The charity shop must have been pleased, but great to help them anyway. Take care, and lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading is helpful to improve writing skills. But when I have to write an essay and don't have ideas, how to do it, I always ask www.au.essay-writing-place.com to do it

    ReplyDelete