Thursday 6 November 2014

What I'd tell Erin this time last year

It was my birthday yesterday and I'd planned on writing this post then but didn't find the time. So here we are instead today and I thought I would share with you a few of things I would like to say to a year younger me. I'd like to tell younger Erin some of things I wish I had known or the things I wish I did differently.  


1. Don't work too hard towards the end of the school year. I know you felt like you needed to (and honestly you did) but it was completely draining and you will regret not letting yourself have a break. Of course working is important but it took over all your time because you were convinced everything was going to go badly. Just remember you can do the same amount of work if you concentrate more than if you worked all of the time.

2.  Do not eat the birthday cake. As much as you want to, it will make you feel like you can't breath because you just had your tonsils out and it affects how you can eat. So please just don't do it.

3. Say yes to more of the things people ask you. Go out as much as you can and be with people. Don't stay at home instead because you've nearly finished a season of Gossip Girl.

4. Try to talk to people more even though it's difficult because soon you're going to feel like you can't even try anymore. And trust me when I say that you will be happier in a years time if you do. 

5. Know that it doesn't get easier, if anything life gets a whole lot harder, but it also become more simple (if that makes sense). I'd like you to know that you do start talking about all the problems you have and it changes you but sadly I can't tell you if it's for the better just yet.

6. Be honest with your friends and all the other people that are asking questions because it's going to be a lot less complicated than you think. (And carrying on from that, stop telling people that "it's complicated" if they ask you whats been wrong. It's just annoying so stop doing it.)


Sorry if none of those life tips for me a year ago made any sense or if they were all just a little sad. But I hope you enjoyed them. I will be back soon with What I got for my Birthday and hopefully what I bought with the money from my birthday so this will probably become a very haul filled month (hope that's okay). That's all for now. Hope to see you next time, bye

2 comments:

  1. Erin, I just want to say, you are not alone. I was just on Beau Bloggers looking at everyone's pages and when I came to yours, this post attracted me most. Reading through, I can definitely say I've had some experience with ALL of these, especially 3-6. I don't like talking about what I'm feeling, it's hard for me..and that's why I go to writing. I always say 'I don't know' to everything and yeah, it probably annoys the heck out of everybody. But you have inspired me to work at it. I really really love this post. Keep on writing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love reading comments and this one really made me happy. Glad you liked this post :D x

      Delete