Sunday 21 February 2016

6 Films 5 Days

I have had the past week off from school which has been wonderful. In this time my mum also decided to take the week off work and we decided we'd go to the cinema every day (week day). On Tuesday we went twice so here are six short film reviews from five great days.


Monday:
Deadpool      6/10
Going into this film I imagined it to be my favourite of the whole week. It wasn't even close. Yes, I can see why everyone is talking about it and loved it but for me it just didn't work. In the opening titles my expectations were at their highest because it looked amazing but about 30 minutes in I found myself not enjoying the film. The acting was great and there were jokes I found funny. But overall the story was disjointed and it lacked the elements of other Marvel films that I love.

Tuesday:
The Revenant     8/10
This is not the kind of film my mum and I would normally watch but it was amazing. There is very little you could fault it on as a film. It looked perfectly cold and had actors to match. I didn't enjoy it but it is a good film.

Dad's Army    7/10
This is not as good a film as The Revenant but I enjoyed watching it more and because it was more of british humour I found it funnier than Deadpool. I've never seen Dad's Army before and what I liked about this film was that you didn't need to. It definitely met my expectations and was more of my kind of film.

Wednesday:
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies     8/10
Now this was my kind of film. I'd never seen Pride and Prejudice before and I think if I did now I'd be greatly disappointed. Out of the six films, this is the one where I laughed the most. Matt Smith's character and Sam Riley's voice made the film, for me. It was a great cast and I just love zombies.

Thursday:
Star Wars The Force Awakens     9/10
This was the fourth time I've seen this film and I love it more every time I see it. I found that the things I didn't like before didn't matter any more. As a general rule, I love Star Wars and it makes me sad that other people didn't like this film. If you haven't seen it yet, go now please.

Friday:
The Finest Hours     8/10
This film will probably not do as well as it should. It is incredible. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and I don't normally feel that way in a film. Normally my mind will drift and I get distracted but I was completely hooked. We only went because nothing else was on but as soon as the film started my mind went straight to I'm glad we're here. It surprised me and proved me wrong. Also, it's a true story which is both terrifying and amazing.


That's all for now, hope to see you next time. Bye

4 comments:

  1. These films look great! I have never heard of Finest Hours but it looks good!
    I have heard good things about deadpool but I think that it is a bit overrated!
    Chloe ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of The Finest Hours until the day before I saw it. And I do think deadpool is overrated which is sad because I really wanted it to be as good as everyone said x

      Delete
  2. I haven't a actually watched any of these, but I do love the Dad's Army TV series! I'm not sure if I want to see the movie just yet though, sometimes remakes can be great and sometimes they can be a flop and I don't want it to be, so I'll wait for the hype to be over.

    One World, Too Many Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did really enjoy the film but it might be different if you already love the show x

      Delete