Thursday 31 December 2015

Open In The Event Of A New Year

So... It's been a while. Today I'd like to try this again. I never promised to be reliable (as I'm sure you can tell) and I won't now but I'd at least like to try.

It's 2016 tomorrow and honestly I'm not looking forward to it. I've actually realised there's nothing to currently look forward to. This made me think about why I've been gone from blogging for so long and made it clear to me that I'd like to come back. 

Blogging makes me anxious. I live in constant fear that someone from the 'real world' will find this blog. But that fear has held me back greatly and I don't want to feel that way any more. So I won't.

I guess what I want to say is that I refuse to let 2016 be the same as 2015. I want a good, happy year. And I know that blogging again will help me with that. I need to learn to forget the world around me because it's dragging me down. 

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I hope you enjoy it! I don't want 2015 to end but I am anticipating a 'fresh start'.

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! And welcome back :)
    Elise | i-cant-think-help.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year, and a big welcome back!
    So glad to hear about you blogging again!!
    I love your blog! I am also not looking forward to 2016, but hey ho, it can't be any worse than last year :)
    have a great day and everything will be okay x
    chloe ♡
    www.basicallychloeblog.blogspot.com♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a great year x

      Delete
  4. Heyy ! It's great to see you back again :) I know the anxiety around blogging can be a lot to handle but you're a good blogger and I personally really enjoy your content ( and I'm sure others feel the same ) . It's very unlikely that someone in the real world of your life will find your blog and they wouldn't know it was yours if they did ! That's why I prefer blogging to things such as youtube ( I have a lot of respect for youtubers bravery ) because when you have a blog you can be as anonymous as you like ! I'm looking forward to new content and hope 2016 is a lot happier for you :) If you ever need to talk you can always email me !

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I guess blogging is a lot better knowing it's anonymous xxx

      Delete
  5. I feel quite similar to you in that I don't want people to find out about my blog.... my close friend reads it, but I recently found out a few people I really dislike read it, and I didn't even know. At least your one is annonymous. I hope you feel better soon, if you want you can leave me a comment on my blog if you would like someone to talk to.
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sometimes I do wish my blog wasn't anonymous but I think for now it's a good idea x

      Delete