Thursday 20 October 2016

The Question of Sport

Sport has always been something I've felt not great about but it is something I've thought about a lot recently. After seeing Hannah Witton's video My Relationship with Sport and Exercise, I got to thinking about my relationship with sport. I'll give you a little teaser, it's non-existent. 

By default, I've always been a Manchester City fan. But because it is only my brother who's big on football, I was never actively involved in supporting them. In my life I've been to three football matches. 1. A City match I remember nothing about. 2. The London 2012 Olympics which I remember nothing about (not entirely sure it actually happened) 3.  Manchester City Women cup final win about two weeks ago.



Hearing Hannah talk about the women's team inspired me to go and see them myself. I do think it's a great thing to support because the amount of people who'll attend a women's football match doesn't even compare the number at a men's match. (Funny considering the women won that day and the men lost) I had a really great time. It makes me very nervous to watch football but it's also incredibly exciting. I don't feel the same about it when I see a match on TV than when I go in person. Usually on TV, I'm just not that invested. I'd like to be but I'm not.

When thinking about sport, what always pops up is humiliation education or as it's more commonly known Physical Education (P.E.). I hated this in school. Not because I hated sport but because I wasn't good at it. If you weren't good at sport, you were disliked in PE. There wasn't encouragement to improve so I stopped trying. Any enthusiasm I had for sports was gone after a PE lesson. And now I'm just trying to get that enthusiasm back. I will never be good at any sport. But I do think I could enjoy it again. 

This has been a little random. I didn't really have a point to make other than watch Hannah Witton and PE was awful. These were some of my thoughts on sport, feel free to share yours with me. Thank you for reading

13 comments:

  1. This is so interesting! Thanks for sharing. I love this blog its wonderful and always a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it sounds like we both have the same relationship to sport lol! Its so cool that you actually went to watch a match though!

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. it was pretty cool, very unlike me but cool

      Delete
  3. I can't say that I'm great at sports either,hehe.Anyway,interesting post :) x

    http://thedreamchaser13.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I could go on about how much I hate PE!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, It's one of my favourite things to complain about xx

      Delete
  5. I am so with you ! A) Hannah is AWESOME and B) PE traumatises you against sport for life through pure humiliation ! I've recently been getting into fitness and gaining back some confidence in it and I'm really enjoying it now that I don't have to do PE and I can choose an excersise I like to invest my time in like swimming or yoga !

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great, I've started doing yoga but I don't have much confidence in it yet. Also very happy to know someone else who likes Hannah xxx

      Delete
  6. This is such an interesting post, and I also love Hannah's videos!
    I nominated you for the 'Sunshine Blog Award' - check out my post: http://louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/the-sunshine-blog-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so true, people just seem to immediately put women down as rubbish for football!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do and it's sad because the womens team are great xx

      Delete